Sep 4, 2014

The response of "Transcript"

I must say that speaker did a really bad thing.The joke he made is so real that many people believe him.He deceived all the people,as well as police.Maybe I would also believe him if I was listening to the broadcast at that time.It isn't April Fool's Day,I wonder why he say those at that time,just for fun?He is so silly and there is no doubt that he create panic.As a result,he should be put into prison.If everyone do like the speaker,what would the world become?
Some people said the earth will be destroyed in 2012 according to Maya Calendar.Just like the "transcript",many people believed it,and became panic.But when that day came,nothing has happened.And after that,no expert and people was accused.Many people hope have freedom of speech,but what will happen if it come true?Some persons may start a rumour.In China,there are some laws about it,people who do like this will be put into prison.But at the same time,people who say real things which is about shortcoming of China will be put into prison,too,though the probability is very small.And I wonder if there are some laws about rumour in America.Are they similar to the laws in China? 
 
There is a Chinese idiom named "Three into a tiger".It means if one person say there is a tiger in the market,only few people will believe him.But if three persons say like that,many people will believe him.But in fact,there is no tiger in the market.I think they are similar thing.And I hope that thing will never happen in the future,although it is impossible.

2 comments:

  1. Thomas, You are right to point out the damage Well's caused with his radio program. But that was not the intended purpose, yes? (He only intended to entertain--not cause mass panic).
    From our modern perspective--with much more information--it is easy to judge the 1938 audience as silly. Even stupid. But we have to question if this view is fair.
    The interesting questions that the podcast asks is 1) why it caused mass panic and 2) could such mass panic happen again? 3) how would we respond to the same information?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure that what people did in 1938 is silly.But I must say most of people in 1938 were ordinary people just like us not silly people.We can't guarantee that we wouldn't do ridiculous things in future people's eyes(not just panic).There is no doubt that people are improving.Maybe what people did in 1938 is similar to what people did in 2012.So we shouldn't think they are silly because future people will do same thing to us.Maybe question 3 is what I want to say but not only question3.

      Delete